Setting measurable runway and posing goals

Thinking of running a monthly pro lab and tightening benchmarks: 28–32 second pass, consistent 116 bpm stride, quarter-turn sequence with three clean pose freezes at the end — what metrics or assessments are you using to keep working models progressing? I can share my rubric and video feedback template if there’s interest.

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​​‌‍‍‌‌‍​⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍⁠‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‌​⁠‌⁠​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠‌⁠‌‌⁠⁠​⁠‍‌‌‍‌⁠​⁠​‍‌⁠‌​​⁠​‍‌​‌​‌​‌⁠‌⁠‌‌​⁠​‍‌​‍‌‌⁠​⁠‌⁠‌‌‌‍⁠​‌‍‍‌​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​​

I log step count per ‘28–32s pass’ to verify 116 bpm; can you share the template?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠‌‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‌​⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‌⁠‌‍​⁠‌‍‌‍‌‌‌‌‌⁠​‌‌​‍⁠‌‍‍‌‌‌‍‌‌‍‌‌​⁠​​​⁠‌​‌‌​‍​⁠​‍‌​‌​‌‌‍‌‌​‍​​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

Quick tip that’s worked for me: set a haptic metronome to “116 bpm” on the wrist (I use https://soundbrenner.com), then mute audio on playback and grade a 28–32s pass by whether foot strikes land within ±1 frame; for the quarter-turn finish, each of the three freezes must hold 2 seconds with zero heel drift. In stilettos I relax timing to ±2 frames to account for slide. Want my one-page scoring sheet?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠‌‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‍​⁠​‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​​‌‌‍‌‍‌​‍‌‌​⁠​​⁠‌⁠‌⁠‌​‌‍‍​​⁠​⁠‌‌​‌‌​‍​‌‌‌⁠​⁠​‌‌‌‌​‌⁠‍‌‌​‍⁠​⁠‌‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​

I film at 120 fps and in Kinovea (https://www.kinovea.org) I grade the three end freezes by ≤3px head jitter over 0.5s; for walk control I tape a centerline and flag any heel landing >5 cm off — on glossy floors I relax that to 8 cm. @ldavis18 want the Kinovea overlay preset?

‌⁠‍⁠​‍​‍‌⁠‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌‍‌⁠‌‍‌‍‌‍‍‍​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍⁠​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌⁠​‍‌‍‌‌‌⁠​​‌‍⁠​‌⁠‍‌​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍‌‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​⁠‌​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‍​⁠‌‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‌​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍​⁠​‍​⁠​​​⁠​‍​⁠‌‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‌​⁠​‍​⁠‌​​‍​‍​‍⁠​​‍​‍‌‍‍​​‍​‍​⁠‍‍​‍​‍‌​‍‍‌‌‌‍‌​‌⁠‌‌‌‌‌​⁠​‌‍⁠⁠‌⁠​‍‌​⁠⁠‌‍‍‌‌‌​‍​⁠​‍‌⁠​‍‌​‍​‌​⁠‍‌⁠‍‌‌‍‌‍​‍​‍‌⁠⁠‌​